All and None!!!

11/05/2005

I can't live without...

So finally i killed my block and started to write again. And now, i must admit that, although i've been away from this things a lot of time, i can't live without them.

The computer, for example. Ican't name a single day i'm off the computer, surfing into the internet or doing something else. Most of the things i do are only because i wanted to do them, so in fact i shouldn't be in there more than 3 hours, wekly. The facts are, i use the computer more than 7 hours... daily.... It's like i'm working freelance, but without getting paid.

Another thing i can't live without it it's any kind of music player, like a radio/cassette/CD/MP3 player. If i can't listen to my 25 GB of MP3s (in my computer), then i must have something for listening to my 15 CDs collection, or else, i can use all my music i recorded on many cassettes all over the years. And if all that doesn't work, i can always count on radio stations, may them be FM, SW or MW. But i need the music, the vibrating waves passing over mny ears.

And don't get me start about the TV. With a proper cable system, i can stand up to fifteen straight hours only wantching it without getting bored. For me, from cartoon to political forums and from tennis matches to horror movies can be something interesting to watch.

Recently, a couple of things had added, too. And they are pa pencil and a notebok. Now i feel more comfortable using them, writing everything i have to remember and can be forgotten. Songs to catch, numbers to call, things to do... And even i'm using the receipts and flyers i get during the day as journals, writing whatever happened on that moment. That way, if i forget something i did, i just go and find some receipt or bus ticket from that day. I'm also putting messages for me that remind me what i must do. Like this "WAKE UP!!!!" sign i glued to the ceiling, or my boxes where i et all the things i should do someday. Some people find it weird (and i understand. I mean, who can't get somewhat freaked out if you look at someone's room and find it covered in messages all over the walls), but it's my way to make some order into my life.

... Ok, on the other hand, i HAD BEEN LIVING without all that things sometimes. And i replace them with other activities. For example, change TV for a book or a field trip, music player for my ears or guitar and my voice, and the computer for an adventure. Yet, i can't find a way to replace my notebook, because i have my brain, but it can be tricky. Like those day i have no idea what i did, or those moments when i forget what i was doing just because something else caught my attention.

Let's hope i'm not getting some kind of psycological block.