All and None!!!

3/14/2006

"ARE YOU NUTS???"

That's the usual answer i get after mentioning some of my summaries i'm doing. Maybe, because some of them sound bizarre and maybe tedious.

Let's think, for example, at my links summary. That one consist in three parts: Links about sites that i've visited and liked, links about sites i haven't visited yet, and links i look regularly. The first part will be completed after i clean up the hystory (i haven't clean the explorer's hystory since July).The second part is basically about sites that someone mentions to me or were written on an article i liked, but i haven't visited yet, and for having those links i'll have to check every magazine i have (I've been buying montly magazines since 1998 or so, so that will mean there are at least 96 magazines to look at, plus those magazines from the newspaper) and every piece of news i have cut from a newspaper (a pile of aprox. 20 cm to look at), and plus those links i have written in a notepad file (6 Kb). And the third part also needs a hystory cleanup, but that's been checked everyday (check out my page at del.icio.us to look at them).

Now, there's also the music summary, which is basically about the music that i like. For that, first you need to know what happened on November 2004: A virus infected my computer and deleted all my media files. I wasn't so worried, because i used a program that checked the 0s and 1s of the hard disk and recovered the files it found. The thing is, although the mayority of the files were recovered, some of them were corrupt (to get the idea, imagine a song made up from pieces of other songs, of with tons of glitches). And since then, i've been trying to listen to all the ~2500 music files in order to remove the ones that are corrupt. Well, if i'm here now talking about it, that means i haven't finished yet.
So, first of all, clean up those nasty files. Of course, before deleting them, i write them up in a notepad file i created. Now, i also like some music i haven't acquired, so for that i have to listen to the radio and be careful about two things: When the radio station says what song they were playing, and the lyrics if they don't say the song name. That way, i can search for them and know exactly what song is. By now, the text file is 8 to 12 Kb long, for you to have an idea, so maybe and to fulfill this summary i'll need another hard drive.

Now, i also want to have my own news summary. For that, i'll need to write down the titles and some basic data about the pieces of news i have on a text file. I guess this will be the most urgent topic, because the "physical pile of paper" on my room needs to be moved out to a more appropiate place (is on my bedroom's floor now, and my mom is getting annoyed because of that).

And, at last, the final summary: Bills. Some people have a diary, some people have livejournals. I have bills. Yeah, sounds strange at first sight, but think about it. We get bills everyday, so i write whatever happened during the time i got the bill on its backside. Now, i'm on this subject, checking my bills of the year in order to write down what happened on those moments, if i remember of course. And that will require some time.

... In fact, every summary here needs time. Lots of time. But i don't complain. After all, i'm the one who wants to do them. And there's always some summary to do. I remembered just now that i have to do a summary about guitar tabs of my favourite songs. But, i have priorities. First, the uni, then the summaries...

I wonder where social life fits in all this schedule...