All and None!!!

8/30/2005

Fan Stuff!?

I had a talk recently with one of my best friends. We discussed a little about the problems of being a big fan of something or someone. But, in fact, we were talking about a strange fear i got. The fear to be a big fan... A kinda huge fan.

In fact, i have a big addiction problem. I can say with no shame that i have been playing videogames all the day trough, and staring at the computer untill i can't stand awake. Hopefully, i don't drink alcohol often and don't do drugs, but the family records and my attitude show that i might be able to be a hopeless case of an addict.

And so, there are dangers involved. I think that if i get into something i like very much, i can get easily into a fan of it. And that scares me, seeing lot's of people being abdicated fans of whatever they worship. Writing fanfiction, drawing always the same theme, dressing as what they worship, etcetera. And i don't wanna end like that, because i might loose my identity and maybe i will be more isolated than ever.

But this talk i had with Marisol made me realize about something. She made me look what makes the difference between a true fan and a normal guy who likes that stuff...

Keyword: WORSHIP

True, i used it a lot, but i didn't figure it out untill that day. There are people who like something/someone and that's fine with them. They buy related stuff in a while and they listen/watch/play/write/draw/dance/talk about that sometimes. And that's it. And there is the kind of people devoted entirely to that stuff, puting in a place too up for us to understand. So up, we believe they put in instead of God.

Of course, i'm overreacting. There are lot's of "Fan-levels" and i'm just making approaches to reality, and i haven't seen an article or a good analysis about this issue. So, if somebody knows, drop me a comment with the link.

Conclusion: For me, i can be relieved. Beacuse i know when to stop... I guess. Well, if i'm dressing like a girl or a robot, or maybe writing weird stories with no purpose at all, or maybe if i'm drooling on a pixelated character or playing 'till i'm starving to death, or maybe if i'm puting white make-up or puting dark clothes all the time, or maybe if i'm assisting to clubs too often or spending too much money on comics or computer parts, or maybe if i'm speaking non-massive languages and wearing a wizard hat everyday, or if i'm dying my hair blonde and start using pink as my main color, or maybe if i'm tatooing all over my body or painting walls with indecipherable names, or maybe if i'm covering my wallls with swastikas or body-piercening my scrotch. Or maybe if i'm using too much gel on my hair or if i'm using badges all over my clothes or puting non-natural coloured contacts, or if i'm wearing wigs or boots or large jackets or swords or guns or chains or if i'm...

Well, you know. All that stuff... If, then i should remember this post...

I hope the network doesn't fell for a while.

[Please remember i'm just overrreacting. If you are offended, i'm sorry. I didn't mean to. Truly, just take it as a joke]