All and None!!!

8/24/2005

Isolate

A weird night, i must say. First of all, because it wasn't late. Second of all, i was walking with no purpose... And at last, i was delivering a book.
Yeah, weird night, i said to myself.
I'm not very used to the suburbs... I live in a house near downtown and the hole idea of houses next to each other and friendly neighbors, clean green gardens and a quiet air in the surroundings makes me feel creepy. And there i was, going into a condominium... And that silence was creepy for me.
That, and the guard asking me for my purpose in there. I didn't get it the first time, but then i answered and i was able to keep going. The place was awfully quiet, with a giant park in the middle of the houses, surrounded with a sole lane. I looked around... No sound... Just the wind... Passing trough the hole made by my ears and my headphones...

I ran.

The house, finally. Knock the door, hurry. Another soul at last. And, of course, i gave the book, talk a little and said farewell. Ran again. Said thanks to the guard and keep going, away from that quiet place. Away from the new houses. Away from that lifestyle... I'm sorry, but i can't stand a place so molded, so "made to be the perfect place"...

I stopped running, and i took a deep breath. Lucky me, i was down a cherry tree. Nice smell indeed, they are bloomed.

Keep walking. To your place. To your noise... I said to myself.

9 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< To the beginning...